Thursday, June 28, 2007

Water in the morning

I have not had a cold that lasted longer than 1 day in the past 10 plus years. How can this be? I have an idea. Ever since I began drinking water first thing in the morning, my body responded in an optimal way. Keep in mind; I am not talking a glass of water. I started drinking 26 to 36 ounces before my first cup of coffee. I continue to hydrate throughout the day. But I believe that the morning is when we a lot of toxins and products of metabolism built up from our slumber. Washing it out quickly has worked for me for over a decade. I touch a lot of people every week of the year in my profession. I cleanse my hands and tables between every patient. But still there are antigens that are airborne.
I do not think it is just luck that I have been able to stay well. Sure I get adjusted regularly and take supplements. However, I think that many people do the same and still suffer from colds throughout the year.
Albeit, it is a tough commitment and can keep you busy. The point is that I would rather take a couple extra trips to the bathroom in a day than to feel the misery of a rhino virus or worse.
Just some food or water for thought.

1 comment:

jjchadwick said...

Thank you for the tip - drinking water first think in the morning. I am an avid water drinker and always drink 1/2 of my weight in water, plus but never did the early morning water drinking. Thank you again - jjchadwick